PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE REGISTRATION.
Panigrahanamatrimony.com(the “Site”) and the Licensed Mobile Application for Accessing the Site (including all associated media and online or electronic documentation) (“the Application'') are owned and operated by Oceanic Vision (“Company”). The Site and Application are hereinafter collectively referred to as “Platform”.
The Company makes available its services and products to you, through the Platform on the condition that you abide by these Terms and Conditions, as updated from time to time. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions or you do not meet or comply with their provisions, you should not use or access the Platform and/or avail of the Company’s services or products via the Platform.
The Platform is an intermediary as defined under sub-clause (w) of Section 2 of the Information Technology Act, 2000. Visitors to the Platform are granted a nonexclusive, limited license to use and access the content and services offered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions (the "License").
A Visitor to the platform, whether or not he/she has made any payment for availing access and/or services on the Platform, including the general browsers of the Platform, whether registered or not, are hereinafter referred to as “User/Users”.
It is our intent to help facilitate your search and seek the process of brides and grooms a pleasant, memorable and lifelong experience. By visiting our site you are agreeing to be bound by our following terms and conditions, which are subject to change at any time in the future.
Through your continued use of Panigrahana Matrimony, you accept any new or modified terms and conditions that it may introduce in the future. So please re-visit the “Terms and Conditions” link at our site as often as possible, to keep yourself abreast of any changes.
All Parents whose sons’ and daughters’ information is included herein are hereby afforded an opportunity to voluntarily change and correctly reflect the information posted herein and to include any other information and changes so as to correctly depict their information and their specific wants and needs in their “search and seek process” ~ so others seeking, know exactly what your wants and needs are, to facilitate that such seeking is exact and focused to the needs of the Parents and to keep out “unwanted expressions of interest”, not conforming to their requirements. However, Panigrahana Matrimony is not responsible for the oversight of Parents in not rectifying/updating their postings in this regard.
If you suspect and/or run into any misinformation in the entries and/or a situation in which a Parent has not revoked his ward’s profile after the engagement/marriage is over, kindly bring such instances to our attention, so we can take appropriate corrective action in the matter.
BY THE POSITIVE ACTS OF A USER ACCESSING THE PLATFORM, THE USER AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW (“Terms”). IF A USER DOES NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, HE/SHE SHOULD NOT ACCESS OR USE THE PLATFORM.
1. The Platform is owned and operated by Panigrahana Internet Services, a division of Oceanic Vision. (hereinafter referred to as ”Company”), which term shall, for the purposes hereof, be deemed to include its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, shareholders, directors, executives, officers, employees, agents, attorneys, accountants and any person vested with any responsibility for any task relating to the affairs of the company), with its registered office currently located at Panigrahana Matrimony, Oceanic Vision PTY LTD, 2/13 Railway Road, Quakers Hill, Sydney, NSW 2763, Australia.
2. The Platform is intended only to serve as a preliminary medium of contact and information for Users who have a bona fide intention to enter into a matrimonial alliance (“Purpose”). The Platform does not purport to be a marriage or business bureau or a dating /contact website.
3. Company presumes that every User who logs on to the Platform has a bona fide intention to get married/enter into a matrimonial alliance and not otherwise. The company under no circumstances shall be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone's use of the Platform or the services offered on the Platform and/or any content posted on the Platform or transmitted to Users. The exchange of matrimonial profile(s) through or by the Platform should not in any way be construed as a matrimonial offer and/or recommendation from or by the Company. Company shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to any individual arising in/out of, or subsequent to, matrimonial relations established pursuant to use of the service provided by Company.
Company collects information/data including, without limitation, e-mail id, address, first name, last name, telephone/mobile number, date of birth, age, gender, ethnic/cultural background, appearance, religion, occupation, preferences, lifestyle information, general geographical location (“User Data”) from Users in order to enable them to create their profiles on the Platform. Apart from this, certain other health-related information, including physical and mental disabilities are also collected. The User Data so collected is entered in a program especially devised for matching profiles and to provide matches for Users based on their pre-selected partner preferences criteria. User Data is displayed only after taking prior consent of Users. Company does not collect financial information of Users such as credit card/debit card numbers/bank accounts numbers etc. Company shall not be able to provide access to the Platform and/or create profiles of Users if the requisite User data is not provided by the Users. User hereby consents to the usage of his/her User Data to be displayed to other Users on the Platform.
Users hereby give us permission to use the information about their activities and actions that they have taken on the Platform in connection with ads, offers and other sponsored content that the Company displays on the Platform, without charging any fees to the Users. The Company uses data and information about Users to make relevant suggestions and recommendations to its Users.
5. The User Data is uploaded by the Users themselves or through any of the Panigrahana Matrimony offline centres displayed on the Platform. Company may, at its sole discretion, include all or any portion of the listing intimidated by a User for display on the Platform in any other media including the matrimonial sections of other platforms including but not limited to print media, community associations, websites, television shows, DTH/IPTV Services, mobile wap sites etc. at no extra costs to the Users and Company shall not be held liable for usage/publicity of such information/data.
6. Users undertake not to duplicate, download, publish, modify and distribute the material on the Platform unless specifically authorized by the Company in writing. Users undertake not to establish any deep link or other connection to any specific page of the Platform without obtaining the prior written consent of the Company.
7. Users undertake to use the Platform for their personal purposes. Using content from the Platform for creating derivative works with a commercial motive without prior written consent from the Company is strictly prohibited.
8.The Company takes measures including technological means on the Platform to exclude robots, scripts, programs etc. from crawling or scraping content on the Platform. Users undertake not to circumvent these methods.
9. Any advice, counselling, recommendations or information provided on the Platform including information of Users may not be necessarily correct, true or reliable, and that any reliance placed thereon and any action was taken on the basis thereof shall be entirely / solely at the risk of the concerned User. Users hereby agree that access to the content available on the Platform is provided by Company to Users on an ‘AS-IS’ and ‘AS-AVAILABLE’ basis. Users wishing to use the information so provided are advised to conduct their own due diligence, in respect of the content on the Platform, at their own initiative, cost and effort. Company does not advise/recommend a User to establish any contact/interaction with other Users or any based on the data/information as furnished in such User’s profile/photograph etc. and the User opting to build contact or interact shall do it solely at his / her own risk. The company cannot be held responsible or liable, in any manner whatsoever, in respect of any reliance placed on any information displayed/placed on the Platform, since the same purports merely to act as indicators of the general scenario in the related behalf.
10. Company does not authenticate, vet, screen, endorse or investigate any information or assertion composed in the matrimonial listings, or any other content on the Platform, nor does it in any manner whatsoever certify or attest the same to be correct or true. It does not endorse matches and profiles in any manner, but an implied presumption is cast on the Users that the information(s) furnished are exclusively / solely to carve out / frame a suitable profile for the purpose of matrimonial alliance based on the partner preferences criteria set by the Users. All due diligence, effort and initiatives must be exercised by those wishing to use any information found on the Platform and should take adequate precautions with the full and complete knowledge that all information contained in the matrimonial listings have been placed there directly by Users of the Platform without any prior intimation, consent or verification of or by Company.
Users of the Platform are prohibited from uploading, posting, transmitting, updating or sharing any information that:
a) belongs to another person and to which the user does not have any right to;
b) is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; harm minors in any way;
c) infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
d) violates any law for the time being in force;
e) deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature; impersonate another person;
f) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Platform; threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
Company may, without notice in its sole discretion, and at any time, terminate or restrict a User’s usage or access to the Platform (or any part thereof) and/or take down any content uploaded by a User for any reason, including, without limitation, that Company based on its judgement and perception believes a User has violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms.
11. Company is an online service provider for Users to create their own/unique profiles envisaging certain personal (optional) information(s) and User Data are to be displayed on the Platform, which information is used by Users for the Purpose. Company does not share User Data with other Users or third parties with the prior consent of the User. Although Company shall take all reasonable precautions, Company shall not be responsible in case such User Data is displayed on the Platform being unauthorisedly copied/printed/published/forged/superimposed/manipulated etc. or misused by any User. Users shall indemnify Company from all kinds of losses/damages which Company may suffer from any activities carried out by them through improper use of the Platform/service provided by Company.
12. By listing a matrimonial profile, or a business or personal listing or a link, or any content or listing, on the Platform, the concerned User making or posting such listing, and the person or persons responsible for such posting or listing, shall be deemed to have agreed to hold Company harmless and protected against any suit or complaint, civil, pecuniary or criminal, and against any claims or damages (including, without limitation, interests, fines and penalties) which may be brought against or levied on Company on account of any matter arising out of, or relating to, such posting/listing or response received from such posting/listing.
13. Whilst using the Platform an obligation is cast upon Users to only provide true and correct information and in the case of creating a profile, Users undertake at all times to keep the information up to date. Company does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any member/visitor profile, advice, opinion, statement or other information displayed/uploaded through the service by the Company. Company or any of its owners, staff or agents are not responsible under any circumstances for any action/display whether direct or indirect, which occurs as a result of online display of information in the nature of illicit material/material that may be offensive to visitors/members or is patently offensive to the online community or any material which may promote racism, bigotry, hatred or physical/mental harm of any kind to any group or individual or transmit any chain letters or junk mail or unsolicited mass mailing or spamming or obscene material to other users/members. Company does not monitor the conduct of Users and therefore Company does not take the responsibility of any conduct by Users who may avail/obtain/use / exploit the online service provided by Company in order to harass, abuse or harm other Users or use the said online service to promote/advertise/solicit anything without their prior consent or an act in any manner which may threaten the safety of other Users.
14. Company reserves the right to remove/delete any content/message/photo (s) / profile or cancel the registration/membership of a User either upon a complaint received from another User or upon discovery of the same on its own or based on its sole judgment and perception and it shall without notice stop providing the service entitled to a User and forfeit all other incidental service(s) with immediate effect along with the fee/tenure of registration as well as take appropriate legal action against such User. By listing a profile on the Platform, it is deemed that the said User has an intention to get married and in case it appears to Company that at the time of listing the profile or subsequently such User had no intention to enter into a matrimonial alliance or has changed his/her intention, then Company shall reserve the right to remove/delete such profile from the Platform and initiate prosecution under the law or take such steps as may be advised from time to time. By using the Platform, it is deemed that the User agrees not to post any content or views that may be considered threatening, abusive, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable or act illegally or otherwise harass another user; put wrong or misleading information in any of the details of his/her own profile; impersonate another or use the site for any commercial purposes; or interfere with or disrupt the operation of this site, or disobey any reasonable requirements, procedures or policies imposed by Company from time to time.
15. Nothing comprised in the contents of the Platform is intended or meant to induce or persuade or convince or invite any person whatsoever to perform any action or do any such thing, or not to perform or do, where such performance or doing, or non-performance or not doing, constitute any contravention of any law or regulation in force for the time being to which such person or action may be governed.
16. Company shall not be held responsible for any interactions/ passing of information(s) etc. between any User via e-mail, chat or any other medium with another User and Company has no obligation to monitor any such disputes arising between the Users and Company shall not be a party to such dispute/litigation etc.
17. Company reserves the absolute right to modify or amend or delete, in any manner as it deems fit, any content of any matrimonial listing placed on the Platform in order to ensure compliance with the rules of such placement (which may include, without limitation, the efforts and initiatives by Company to maximize response to matrimonial listings), prima facie accuracy and the prevailing laws in force, for the time being, especially those relating to prohibition of any indecent, unlawful or obscene content. Company reserves the absolute right to delete any profile if it finds that the same person has created multiple profiles on the Platform. Even if different profiles have been created with the same contact details, the Company will reserve the absolute right to delete all such profiles. If any member refuses to give consent to a physical address verification that Company has requested then Company will have the absolute right to either put a "Not Verified" stamp on the profile or to delete the profile.
18. Websites to which links are given on the Platform and the contents thereof are the sole responsibility of the promoters of such websites and Company does not, in any manner whatsoever, recommend, authenticate, endorse, verify or certify these websites or any contents or links there. Company does not take any responsibility for the privacy practice adopted by such other websites and therefore Company recommends Users to read the privacy statement of each and every website that they visit. The company also does not take any responsibility or endorse the authenticity of the other online services displayed on the Platform which may offer various services like a lucky draw, win a free trip, win free tickets, astrology, palmistry, numerology etc. Users of the Platform shall at its sole risk and responsibility click and surf on to such other website(s) / links which is/are being displayed on the Platform. Users shall always bear in mind that at a single stroke/click of the mouse on such links/website, it gets connected through the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) / Internet Protocol (IP) network of the said Users and not through the IP of the Platform. The company also does not suggest/encourage Users to furnish personal information and especially the Profile ID / User Name of the User on the Platform to such or any other website(s).
20. Company hereby specifically disclaims any liabilities or warranties or guarantees, express, specific or implied, which may be attributable, in any manner whatsoever, to the existence, promotion, canvassing, contents, links, information or discontinuance of the Platform. No claims for damages, restitution, loss-of-profits, or any other pecuniary, civil or criminal claimants, which may be said to arise out, or on account, of any matter contained or related to the Platform, shall lie or be deemed to be sustainable against the Company.
21. Company assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of User communications. Company is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to Users or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials /information from the Platform.
22. Users who visit the Platform are classified by the Company as Users with incomplete or complete profiles. Both these types could further be free members or paid members. Company reserves the absolute right to modify, amend, change, curtail or expand any privileges, rights, benefits, liabilities or responsibilities of all types of paid Users or free Users as it deems fit and these will be instantly applicable to all past, present and future Users. The company allows free Users certain benefits /privileges like initiating free contact via "Express Interest" functionality, like viewing contact details of paid Users under certain conditions etc. The quantum of these benefits and even the benefits in totality will be at the sole discretion of the Company. Company will determine at its own discretion how many benefits it offers to every free User. Companies will simultaneously offer different levels of benefits to different free Users. Benefit restrictions to free Users will be done via multiple means including restricting access, spam filters, quotas etc.
23. Payments for the services offered on the Platform shall be on a 100